What is Hydroxyzine Tablet used for?
Hydroxyzine Tablet is an antihistamine and thus is useful in treating itching caused by allergies and anxiety. Histamine is a natural chemical in the body that results in itching or hives on the skin. Thus hydroxyzine blocks the secretion of histamine in the body providing relief from itching life symptoms.
Since Hydroxyzine reduces the activity of the Central Nervous System, it is also used as a sedative to treat anxiety and stress. It is also used with other medications while general anesthesia.
Hydroxyzine is highly effective in relieving itchiness caused by atopic dermatitis. It blocks the action of chemicals that are causing itchiness in the body. Following are the exact use of hydroxyzine tablet.
Indicated use of Hydroxyzine:
- Preoperative Sedation
- Vomiting & Nausea
Directions for use of Hydroxyzine Tablet
Hydroxyzine is an oral tablet to be taken as prescribed by the doctor. The exact dosage depends on the severity of the medical condition in the patient, age, medical history, and other physiological factors. Dosage may also be changed based on how well the body is reacting to this medication. However, this tablet should be taken for not more than 4 months at a stretch. Consider the following points while taking this medication:
- Take the medicine as prescribed to you by the doctor
- This medicine might impair your ability to think and react for a while, so avoid doing anything that requires attention and alertness
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to antihistamines
- Do not change the dosage of this medicine on your own
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on this medication
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking hydroxyzine tablet
There are no reviews yet.