Albendazole + Ivermectin tablet is a combination medicine that belongs to the class of drugs called antihelmintic medications. It is used in the treatment of infections caused by parasitic worms in the intestine that invade our bodies through the ingestion of contaminated food and water. The medicine is used to treat infections caused by roundworms, hookworms, threadworms, whipworms, pinworms, flukes, and other parasites. It works by hampering the glucose intake of the parasitic worms from the host’s body. Ivermectin attacks the nervous system of the parasitic worm thereby inducing paralysis. Eventually, the worm flushes out of the body.
Take the medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration by the doctor. Some people may observe side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, decrease in white blood cell count (leucopenia), vision problems, confusion, weakness, and difficulty walking. Rush to your nearest medical facility if the side effects persist or become severe. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of the active ingredients used in the tablets or similar drugs. The medicine may make you prone to more infections, therefore inform your doctor about your medical history especially, if you have a history of health conditions that impacts immunity.
Swallow the whole tablet with water. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet. The dosage is decided by the doctor. Complete the full course of medicine or the infection may become worse.
Combination medicine is used in the treatment of Parasitic worm infections.
The Albendazole+ Ivermectin tablets usually have low to temporary side effects. The side effects are unique in each individual due to different health conditions and responses to the therapy. If the side effects persist or get severe with time, immediately consult your doctor. The list of side effects is given below:
Some drugs when combined may interact and lead to negative health effects. The drugs can similarly, interact with certain food items and under the influence of certain health conditions.
Interaction with Medicines:
Interaction with Diseases:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may interact with the medicine and worsen the condition.
2. Albendazole + Ivermectin is a category C medicine that can cause toxic effects on the unborn baby. Therefore, pregnant ladies should avoid taking the medicine.
3. Lactating mothers should avoid taking tablets as the drugs may seep into the breast milk and affect the newborn.
4. People with liver and kidney disorders should stay cautious of the medicine and consult their doctor before taking the tablets.
5. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded tablets.
1. How does ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN work?
ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN is a combination of two antihelmintic drugs ‘albendazole’ and ‘ivermectin’. It is used to treat a wide range of parasitic infections. It kills the parasite by keeping it from utilizing glucose and depleting its energy levels. It also paralyzes the insect, thereby leading it to death.
2. Does ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN affect vision?
ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN may cause vision problems such as blurred vision. Consult your doctor if your vision problem affects your daily activities.
3. What precautions should be taken while using ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN?
You may require regular monitoring of blood cell count and liver function during treatment with ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN. ALBENDAZOLE+IVERMECTIN might increase the chances of getting an infection, so maintain proper hygiene, and try to stay away from people with infections, flu, or colds.
There are no reviews yet.